Grifols signs deal to license Aradigm's Pulmaquin
MADRID May 21 (Reuters) - Spanish drugmaker Grifols said on Tuesday it has signed an exclusive contract to license U.S. Aradigm Corporation's Pulmaquin compound and may take a stake in the California-based firm.
Pulmaquin is a dual release ciprofloxacin for inhalation in non-cystic fibrosis bronchiectasis.
In a regulatory filing, Grifols said it will invest up to $65 million to help develop the compound and may spend $25.7 million to buy a 35 percent stake in Aradigm through a capital hike at the U.S. firm, which posted a net loss in the first quarter.
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |