Grifols signs deal to license Aradigm's Pulmaquin
MADRID May 21 (Reuters) - Spanish drugmaker Grifols said on Tuesday it has signed an exclusive contract to license U.S. Aradigm Corporation's Pulmaquin compound and may take a stake in the California-based firm.
Pulmaquin is a dual release ciprofloxacin for inhalation in non-cystic fibrosis bronchiectasis.
In a regulatory filing, Grifols said it will invest up to $65 million to help develop the compound and may spend $25.7 million to buy a 35 percent stake in Aradigm through a capital hike at the U.S. firm, which posted a net loss in the first quarter.
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters press on
- Billy Joel, Shirley MacLaine feted at Kennedy Center Honors
- Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested |