Japan finmin: wants BOJ to have thorough dialogue with JGB mkt
TOKYO May 21 (Reuters) - Japanese Finance Minister Taro Aso said on Tuesday that he wants the Bank of Japan to have a thorough dialogue with markets in the wake of volatility in the government bond market.
"Governor Kuroda is communicating with the market in a thorough way and I expect the bank to continue to do this," Aso said to reporters after a cabinet meeting.
The BOJ is expected to stand pat on monetary policy this week despite jitters over the recent volatility in bond markets, hoping it can prevent a renewed spike in yields by fine-tuning market operations.
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |