CANADA STOCKS-TSX ends higher as major sectors rally, data helps
TORONTO, May 21 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index jumped more than 1 percent on Tuesday, supported by gains in most major sectors and optimism following positive economic data from Europe. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index unofficially closed up 129.38 points, or 1.03 percent, at 12,742.43. Eight of the 10 main sectors on the index were higher.
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Cold, ice grip U.S. as more snow to blanket East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'