Buy-to-let lender Paragon to set up bank next year
LONDON May 21 (Reuters) - British buy-to-let mortgage lender Paragon plans to set up a bank next year, offering personal and car loans, Chief Executive Nigel Terrington told Reuters on Tuesday.
Terrington said Paragon decided to launch the new venture after Britain's financial regulator said it would relax capital requirements for new entrants to the banking sector.
"We'd already decided to pursue the consumer finance market through a banking route," he said. "At one point we were pursuing entry via an acquisition but we changed that plan to go the organic route."
- Three dead, two wounded in Pasadena, California shootings
- Israeli commandos clash with Hamas militants on Day 6 of Gaza offensive |
- Teen survivor of Texas shootings says slain family members 'in much better place'
- Rape and murder of 13-year-old spark debate in junta-ruled Thailand
- Israeli commandos clash with Hamas gunmen in Gaza raid