Philip Morris to buy out Carlos Slim from Mexican JV for $700 mln
May 21 (Reuters) - Tobacco company Philip Morris International Inc said it would buy out its Mexican joint venture partner, controlled by billionaire Carlos Slim, for about $700 million.
The Marlboro maker said it expected the deal to marginally add to earnings per share in the fourth quarter.
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan |
- Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace efforts |
- Train carrying MH17 bodies on final journey reaches Ukraine city |
- Islamic State crushes and coerces on march towards Baghdad
- Jokowi party claims victory in Indonesian presidential election