STXNEWS LATAM-GP Investments buys stake in Swiss fund Apen for $33 mln -filing
GP Investments Ltd, the largest Latin American private equity firm, agreed on Tuesday to buy a 26.7 percent stake in Swiss investment Fund company Apen Ltd for $33 million as it seeks to expand the type of assets it manages.
The acquisition of the Apen stake will allow GP Investments, which is based in Hamilton, Bermuda, to venture into management of equity co-investment, co-investments in so-called funds of funds, and secondary market transactions, the company said in a securities filing.
In general, funds of funds are a way to hold a portfolio of diverse investment funds rather than picking stocks, bonds or other securities directly.
Newbury Partners and Fortress Investment Group will each hold a 13.4 percent stake in Apen. American International Group Inc exited Apen with the GP Investments transaction, the filing added.
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |