Telecom Italia denies possible company break-up
MILAN May 21 (Reuters) - Telecom Italia denied on Tuesday that a company break-up was under consideration.
"Telecom Italia points out that speculations about a possible break-up are groundless," a spokesman for the company said in an emailed statement.
Earlier on Tuesday three sources told Reuters the Italian phone company was mulling a spinoff of its mobile unit along with its fixed-line network from the rest of the company to bring new investors on board.
- Gaza toll passes 100; Israel to counter rockets 'with all power' |
- Mexican train derails, stranding 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S.
- Ukraine says rebels will pay as missiles kill 23 soldiers |
- Texas mass murder suspect collapses in court as crime recounted
- British 'Harry Potter' actor David Legeno found dead in U.S. park