UK asks EU to put Hezbollah military wing on terror list: diplomat
BRUSSELS (Reuters) - Britain has formally asked the European Union to put the military wing of Islamist group Hezbollah on its list of terrorist organisations, an EU diplomat said on Tuesday.
Britain's move comes after Bulgaria accused the Lebanese militant movement on February 5 of carrying out a bomb attack on a bus in the Black Sea city of Burgas that killed five Israelis and their Bulgarian driver in July last year.
- U.S. forces carry out operation against al-Shabaab in Somalia
- Ukraine accuses Russia of 'undisguised aggression' as rebels advance |
- Marilyn Monroe sex film to be kept private |
- Actress Jennifer Lawrence contacts authorities after nude photos hacked
- Risk appetite flickers in Europe, ECB speculation holds down euro