Tornado death toll expected to rise to 91: medical examiner
MOORE, Oklahoma (Reuters) - The official death toll from the tornado that swept through the Oklahoma City suburb of Moore is expected to rise to 91 from 51, the Oklahoma medical examiner's office said early on Tuesday.
The office had not yet received the 40 more bodies that had been retrieved from the rubble in Moore, but had been told by emergency services to expect them, an official said.
(Reporting by Nick Carey; Editing by Alison Williams)
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- 'Duck Dynasty' anti-gay fallout sparks debate on religion, tolerance
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion |