Shares in NZ's F&P Healthcare jump after record profit
WELLINGTON May 23 (Reuters) - Shares in New Zealand's Fisher & Paykel Healthcare Ltd jumped to a two-year high on Thursday, after the medical equipment manufacturer reported record full-year profits and forecast an even brighter 2014.
F&P Healthcare shares rose 2.6 percent to NZ$3.11, its highest since May 2011.
Earlier, the firm reported a 20 percent rise in profit to NZ$77.1 million in the year to March, exceeding company and market forecasts for NZ$75 million, and forecast profits around NZ$85 million-NZ$90 million for 2014. (Reporting by Naomi Tajitsu)
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together |
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- UPDATE 4-Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels, Putin warns of consequences |
- Obama reaffirms commitment to Japan on tour of Asia allies