Shares in NZ's F&P Healthcare jump after record profit
WELLINGTON May 23 (Reuters) - Shares in New Zealand's Fisher & Paykel Healthcare Ltd jumped to a two-year high on Thursday, after the medical equipment manufacturer reported record full-year profits and forecast an even brighter 2014.
F&P Healthcare shares rose 2.6 percent to NZ$3.11, its highest since May 2011.
Earlier, the firm reported a 20 percent rise in profit to NZ$77.1 million in the year to March, exceeding company and market forecasts for NZ$75 million, and forecast profits around NZ$85 million-NZ$90 million for 2014. (Reporting by Naomi Tajitsu)
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits mistake over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Thai military heads agree to meet protest leader at weekend |