CORRECTED-Intuit third-quarter profit rises 12 pct
(Corrects paragraph 2 to say net income rose to $822 million, not $1.24 million, from $734 million, not $1.11 million. Third-quarter earnings per share was $2.71, not 2.71 cents. The comparable figure for a year earlier was $2.42, not 2.42 cents)
May 21 (Reuters) - Intuit Inc reported a 12 percent rise in third-quarter profit as revenue rose at the company's consumer tax unit, which includes the flagship TurboTax application and other tax preparation software.
Net profit rose to $822 million, or $2.71 per share, for the third quarter ended April 30, from $734 million, or $2.42 per share, a year earlier.
Revenue rose 13 percent to $2.17 billion. (Reporting By Neha Dimri in Bangalore; Editing by Joyjeet Das)
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections