US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St firms at open before Bernanke testimony
NEW YORK May 22 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks rose slightly at the open, ahead of highly anticipated testimony in Congress by Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke on the economy and monetary policy.
The Dow Jones industrial average gained 18.20 points, or 0.12 percent, to 15,405.78. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index added 1.97 points, or 0.12 percent, to 1,671.13. The Nasdaq Composite Index rose 1.63 points, or 0.05 percent, to 3,503.75.
- India trims perks for U.S. staff in dispute over envoy's New York arrest |
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- Mega Millions lottery winning tickets sold in California, Georgia |
- The Fabulously Entrepreneurial Life of Ronnie Biggs