US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St firms at open before Bernanke testimony
NEW YORK May 22 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks rose slightly at the open, ahead of highly anticipated testimony in Congress by Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke on the economy and monetary policy.
The Dow Jones industrial average gained 18.20 points, or 0.12 percent, to 15,405.78. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index added 1.97 points, or 0.12 percent, to 1,671.13. The Nasdaq Composite Index rose 1.63 points, or 0.05 percent, to 3,503.75.
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
- Gaza toll soars as Israel 'days' from completing tunnel hunt
- Carnage at U.N. school as Israel pounds Gaza Strip |
- U.S. man sues soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo over CR7 trademark