US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St firms at open before Bernanke testimony
NEW YORK May 22 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks rose slightly at the open, ahead of highly anticipated testimony in Congress by Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke on the economy and monetary policy.
The Dow Jones industrial average gained 18.20 points, or 0.12 percent, to 15,405.78. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index added 1.97 points, or 0.12 percent, to 1,671.13. The Nasdaq Composite Index rose 1.63 points, or 0.05 percent, to 3,503.75.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Analysis: Boeing bidders dangle goodies to win 777X jetliner