US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St firms at open before Bernanke testimony
NEW YORK May 22 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks rose slightly at the open, ahead of highly anticipated testimony in Congress by Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke on the economy and monetary policy.
The Dow Jones industrial average gained 18.20 points, or 0.12 percent, to 15,405.78. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index added 1.97 points, or 0.12 percent, to 1,671.13. The Nasdaq Composite Index rose 1.63 points, or 0.05 percent, to 3,503.75.
- Gaza gunmen execute 'collaborators'; mortar kills Israeli boy |
- Ferguson march muted, police officer disciplined over video |
- U.S. says Russia must pull convoy from Ukraine or face more sanctions |
- U.S. hostage rescuers dropped from night sky: Syria activist
- U.S. protests intercept of Navy jet by Chinese warplane