Sony shares hit 2-year high on report of spin-off proposal
TOKYO May 22 (Reuters) - Shares of Sony Corp rose 6.3 percent to 2,300 yen, a two-year high, on Wednesday after the Nikkei newspaper reported Sony is considering evaluating a proposal from top shareholder Third Point LLC to spin off its movie and music business.
- Target holiday cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion |
- Special Report: Why Ukraine spurned the EU and embraced Russia