Fed's bond buying ineffective, no need to add to it -Fisher
NACOGDOCHES, Texas May 22 (Reuters) - Dallas Fed President Richard Fisher on Wednesday reiterated his opposition to the U.S. central bank's bond-buying program, calling it ineffective.
"Why would you dial up if it's not having an effect?" Fisher said to reporters after a speech here.
Fisher also said he believes the economic momentum is moving in the "right direction," adding that he expects the U.S. economy will be growing at a pace of about 2.5 percent by the end of the year.
- Israel intensifies Gaza assault, Egyptians revise truce plan |
- Putin may have passed point of no-return over Ukraine
- Special Report: Where Ukraine's separatists get their weapons
- EU agrees first broad sanctions on Russia; U.S. expected to follow
- Obama wrote Putin about violation of nuclear treaty -White House