Fed's bond buying ineffective, no need to add to it -Fisher
NACOGDOCHES, Texas May 22 (Reuters) - Dallas Fed President Richard Fisher on Wednesday reiterated his opposition to the U.S. central bank's bond-buying program, calling it ineffective.
"Why would you dial up if it's not having an effect?" Fisher said to reporters after a speech here.
Fisher also said he believes the economic momentum is moving in the "right direction," adding that he expects the U.S. economy will be growing at a pace of about 2.5 percent by the end of the year.
- Body of Korean boy who raised ferry alarm believed found |
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- UPDATE 2-Body of Korean boy who raised ferry alarm believed found
- Obama reaffirms commitment to Japan on tour of Asia allies
- U.S. mother, officials settle suit over airport breast milk