Fed's bond buying ineffective, no need to add to it -Fisher
NACOGDOCHES, Texas May 22 (Reuters) - Dallas Fed President Richard Fisher on Wednesday reiterated his opposition to the U.S. central bank's bond-buying program, calling it ineffective.
"Why would you dial up if it's not having an effect?" Fisher said to reporters after a speech here.
Fisher also said he believes the economic momentum is moving in the "right direction," adding that he expects the U.S. economy will be growing at a pace of about 2.5 percent by the end of the year.
- Scots independence polls close, UK's future in the balance |
- Islamic State shows captive British journalist in new video |
- Australian PM says police raids follow IS linked beheading plot |
- New evacuations ordered as California wildfire doubles in size |
- Kurds issue call to arms as Islamic State gains in Syria