Fed's bond buying ineffective, no need to add to it -Fisher
NACOGDOCHES, Texas May 22 (Reuters) - Dallas Fed President Richard Fisher on Wednesday reiterated his opposition to the U.S. central bank's bond-buying program, calling it ineffective.
"Why would you dial up if it's not having an effect?" Fisher said to reporters after a speech here.
Fisher also said he believes the economic momentum is moving in the "right direction," adding that he expects the U.S. economy will be growing at a pace of about 2.5 percent by the end of the year.
- Ukraine says Russian tanks flatten town; EU to threaten more sanctions |
- Seven NATO allies to create new rapid reaction force-report
- Islamic State militants behead captive Lebanese soldier: video
- Putin says Russia must strengthen its economic, military position in Arctic
- U.S. authorities investigate suspected threat against Obama: reports