Aixtron to cut more than 20 pct of German staff
FRANKFURT May 23 (Reuters) - German chip equipment maker Aixtron is cutting more than 20 percent of its staff in Germany in response to weak demand for its products.
The group, which last month reported a wider than expected operating loss for the first quarter, said in a statement ahead of its annual shareholders meeting on Thursday that the decision was "inevitable, albeit very painful."
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby |
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Special Report: Traffickers use abductions, prison ships to feed Asian slave trade
- Autopsy of slain Missouri teen shows close-range gunshot