RPT-Ford to close Australia auto plants
SYDNEY May 23 (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co said on Thursday it is closing its two Australian auto plants and will cease production in the country in October 2016.
Ford Australia Chief Executive Bob Graziano said the company will close its engine plant in Geelong and its assembly plant in Broadmeadows, both in the state of Victoria.
The car manufacturer has struggled with sliding sales, high costs and a strong Australian dollar.
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan |
- U.S. court rulings create new uncertainty over Obamacare
- Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace efforts |
- EU readies possible capital, tech sanctions on Russia
- Train carrying MH17 bodies on final journey reaches Ukraine city |