Brazil oil prospect Libra has up to 42 bln barrels of oil -ANP
RIO DE JANEIRO
RIO DE JANEIRO May 23 (Reuters) - Brazil's Libra prospect in the subsalt area that will be auctioned in the second half of October has between 26 billion and 42 billion barrels of in-place oil, Magda Chambriard, director of the ANP oil agency said on Thursday.
"This is really different; it's very big," she said of a column of oil in the prospect thought to be 326 meters deep.
Recoverable oil in the prospect could be 8 billion to 12 billion barrels, which would make it the biggest discovery in Brazil, Chambriard said.
- Female Yahoo executive sued for sexual harassment
- Gaza toll passes 100; Israel to counter rockets 'with all power' |
- U.S. Navy maintains grounding order for F-35 fighter jets
- Ukraine says rebels will pay as missiles kill 23 soldiers |
- German suspect was in contact with State Dept not U.S. spies: officials