S&P raises Dedham, Mass. GO bond rating to AAA
May 23 (Reuters) - Standard & Poor's Ratings Services said on Thursday it raised Dedham, Massachusetts' general obligation bond rating to AAA from AA-plus with a stable outlook.
"The upgrade follows a trend of robust operating results improving reserves to very strong levels," said S&P credit analyst Victor Medeiros in a statement.
The upgrade also takes into account management's actions to lower the Boston suburb's other postemployment benefit liability as well as management's willingness to negotiate health insurance reforms and use the savings to fund 100 percent of its annual required contribution, the rating agency said.
- Three dead, two wounded in Pasadena, California shootings
- Israeli commandos clash with Hamas militants on Day 6 of Gaza offensive |
- Teen survivor of Texas shootings says slain family members 'in much better place'
- Rape and murder of 13-year-old spark debate in junta-ruled Thailand
- Israeli commandos clash with Hamas gunmen in Gaza raid