S&P raises Dedham, Mass. GO bond rating to AAA
May 23 (Reuters) - Standard & Poor's Ratings Services said on Thursday it raised Dedham, Massachusetts' general obligation bond rating to AAA from AA-plus with a stable outlook.
"The upgrade follows a trend of robust operating results improving reserves to very strong levels," said S&P credit analyst Victor Medeiros in a statement.
The upgrade also takes into account management's actions to lower the Boston suburb's other postemployment benefit liability as well as management's willingness to negotiate health insurance reforms and use the savings to fund 100 percent of its annual required contribution, the rating agency said.
- Insight: How U.S. spying cost Boeing multibillion-dollar jet contract
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Yemeni al Qaeda says attack on hospital was mistake
- Insight: For Chinese farmers, a rare welcome in Russia's Far East