CORRECTED-Hormel Foods profit falls 2 pct
(Corrects name of segment to Jennie-O Turkey Store, from Jennie-O Turkey Stores)
May 23 (Reuters) - Hormel Foods Corp reported a lower quarterly profit due to costs related to its Skippy acquisition, and higher grain costs and lower turkey meat prices at its Jennie-O Turkey Store business.
Second quarter net income fell to $125.5 million, or 46 cents per share, from $127.9 million, or 48 cents per share, a year earlier.
Sales rose about 7 percent to $2.15 billion in the quarter. (Reporting by Arpita Mukherjee in Bangalore)
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plow |
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Pistorius starts five-year term for killing Reeva Steenkamp
- U.S. to funnel travelers from Ebola-hit region through five airports
- Ebola crisis turns a corner as U.S. issues new treatment protocols