CORRECTED-Hormel Foods profit falls 2 pct
(Corrects name of segment to Jennie-O Turkey Store, from Jennie-O Turkey Stores)
May 23 (Reuters) - Hormel Foods Corp reported a lower quarterly profit due to costs related to its Skippy acquisition, and higher grain costs and lower turkey meat prices at its Jennie-O Turkey Store business.
Second quarter net income fell to $125.5 million, or 46 cents per share, from $127.9 million, or 48 cents per share, a year earlier.
Sales rose about 7 percent to $2.15 billion in the quarter. (Reporting by Arpita Mukherjee in Bangalore)
- Rescuers scour sea for Malaysian jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- The search for missing Malaysian jet
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source