US STOCKS SNAPSHOT - Dow, Nasdaq edge up in choppy trading
NEW YORK May 23 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks hit session highs in a volatile session on Thursday with the Dow industrials posting a second straight swing of more than 160 points as investors digest the Federal Reserve's evolving policy stance.
The Dow Jones industrial average rose 20.81 points or 0.14 percent, to 15,327.98, the S&P 500 lost 1.98 points or 0.12 percent, to 1,653.37 and the Nasdaq Composite added 0.03 points or 0 percent, to 3,463.33.
- Missing jet may have strayed toward Andaman Sea: Malaysian air force |
- NYC buildings explosion kills 2, more missing
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Exclusive: EU approves framework for asset freezes, travel bans on Russia
- Ukraine appeals to the West as Crimea turns to Russia |