Lenovo shares jump more than 4 percent after earnings beat forecast
HONG KONG (Reuters) - Shares in Chinese personal computer maker Lenovo Group Ltd (0992.HK) jumped more than 4 percent after it reported a forecast-beating 90 percent rise in quarterly profit, its fastest in seven quarters.
The stock rose as much as 4.3 percent in afternoon trade to HK$7.49 after it posted net profit of $126.9 million in the quarter ended in March, up from $66.8 million a year earlier, based on Reuters calculations using full-year and nine-month financial data.
(Reporting By Christina Lo and Anne Marie Roantree; Editing by Daniel Magnowski)
- Malaysia jet sent 'pings' after going missing, sources say |
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |
- New York City gas explosion subject of federal probe |
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |