Ista Pharma pleads guilty in drug kickback case
May 24 (Reuters) - Ista Pharmaceuticals Inc on Friday pleaded guilty to criminal charges and agreed to pay $33.5 million to resolve criminal and civil liability arising from its marketing, distribution and sale of the drug Xibrom, the U.S. Department of Justice said.
According to the government, Ista pleaded guilty to conspiring to market Xibrom for unapproved uses, and of conspiring to offer kickbacks to induce doctors to prescribe the drug.
Ista was purchased last June by Bausch & Lomb.
- iPhone comes out of a 'bygone era', reviewers hail bigger handset
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA
- Fed could hint on rate-hike plans as it prepares for policy turn
- Polls show Scottish opponents of independence with slight lead ahead of vote |
- Wildfire rips through 150 homes in Northern California