Ista Pharma pleads guilty in drug kickback case
May 24 (Reuters) - Ista Pharmaceuticals Inc on Friday pleaded guilty to criminal charges and agreed to pay $33.5 million to resolve criminal and civil liability arising from its marketing, distribution and sale of the drug Xibrom, the U.S. Department of Justice said.
According to the government, Ista pleaded guilty to conspiring to market Xibrom for unapproved uses, and of conspiring to offer kickbacks to induce doctors to prescribe the drug.
Ista was purchased last June by Bausch & Lomb.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- Decaying steel town gets movie star turn in 'Out of the Furnace'
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- South Africa, world mourn 'giant for justice' Mandela |
- Journal withdraws controversial French Monsanto GM study