BOJ Kuroda says will strive to ensure JGB market stability
TOKYO May 24 (Reuters) - Bank of Japan Governor Haruhiko Kuroda said on Friday the central bank will make efforts to avert volatility in bond markets through flexible market operations and enhanced communication with market participants.
"We don't have specific targets for stock prices or currency rates, and I won't comment on daily moves," Kuroda said at a seminar in Tokyo.
"As for the bond market, where the BOJ is directly involved in through market operations, stability is extremely desirable," he said.
- Six killed, including four children, in Houston-area shooting
- Israel pursues punishing Gaza offensive for a third day |
- Anger mounts as Germany unearths second U.S. spy suspect
- Exclusive: Iraq tells U.N. that 'terrorist groups' seized nuclear materials
- Chinese hackers pursue key data on U.S. workers: NYT