CANADA STOCKS-TSX turns higher as National Bank, other financials gain
TORONTO, May 24 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index turned positive in early Friday trade as fears that the U.S. Federal Reserve will roll back its stimulus program were offset by a rise in National Bank of Canada and other financial stocks. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index was up 2.70 points, or 0.02 percent, at 12,660.79 in mid-morning trade.
- Confusion as search for Malaysian jet spreads across SE Asia |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Special Report: How China's official bank card is used to smuggle money |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source