Nikkei falls below 14,000 in sharp afternoon sell-off
TOKYO May 24 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei share average fell below 14,000 for the first time in three weeks at one point on Friday afternoon, extending the previous session's 7.3 percent plunge.
The Nikkei was down 2.3 percent at 14,154.87 by 0448 GMT after trading as low as 13,981.52.
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- Probation for drunk Texas teen driver who killed four sparks backlash
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits error over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |