Nikkei falls below 14,000 in sharp afternoon sell-off
TOKYO May 24 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei share average fell below 14,000 for the first time in three weeks at one point on Friday afternoon, extending the previous session's 7.3 percent plunge.
The Nikkei was down 2.3 percent at 14,154.87 by 0448 GMT after trading as low as 13,981.52.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Canadian police see no apparent links in Quebec, Ottawa attacks |
- Some U.S. hospitals weigh withholding care to Ebola patients
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement