US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-P&G lifts Dow into positive territory
NEW YORK May 24 (Reuters) - U.S. stock indexes pared most of their earlier declines on Friday and the Dow pushed into positive territory, helped by a strong gain in shares of Procter & Gamble.
The Dow Jones industrial average edged up 4.42 points, or 0.03 percent, at 15,298.92. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index were off 1.69 points, or 0.10 percent, to 1,648.82. The Nasdaq Composite Index slipped 3.00 points, or 0.09 percent, to 3,456.42.
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Ice storm causes blackouts, delays in Texas, Arkansas
- China's parliament: Japan has "no right to criticize" air defense zone