US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-P&G lifts Dow into positive territory
NEW YORK May 24 (Reuters) - U.S. stock indexes pared most of their earlier declines on Friday and the Dow pushed into positive territory, helped by a strong gain in shares of Procter & Gamble.
The Dow Jones industrial average edged up 4.42 points, or 0.03 percent, at 15,298.92. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index were off 1.69 points, or 0.10 percent, to 1,648.82. The Nasdaq Composite Index slipped 3.00 points, or 0.09 percent, to 3,456.42.
- Former WWE champ nabs suspected burglar in Arizona
- First Ebola victim in Sierra Leone capital on the run
- Thousands take to N.Y. streets to protest Israeli offensive in Gaza
- U.S. fighter jets escort Canadian plane home over passenger threat
- Apple iPhones allow extraction of deep personal data, researcher finds