Lesbian love story "La Vie d'Adele" wins top prize at Cannes
CANNES (Reuters) - Lesbian love story "La Vie d'Adele", by French director Abdellatif Kechiche, won the Cannes film festival's top honor, the Palme d'Or, on Sunday.
"La Vie d'Adele - Chapitre 1 & 2" (Blue is the Warmest Colour) beat 19 other films in the main competition at the world's biggest film festival to take home one of the most coveted prizes after the Oscars.
The top acting awards went to U.S. actor Bruce Dern for "Nebraska" and French actress Berenice Bejo in "Le Passe" (The Past).
- Gaza death toll rises; Hamas fires rockets at Tel Aviv |
- Ukraine jets pound rebels after deadly missile attack |
- Female Yahoo executive sued for sexual harassment
- Teen survivor of Texas shootings says slain family members 'in much better place'
- Trump Plaza in Atlantic City to close, adding to city's woes: report