REFILE-UK's Co-Op to name ex-HSBC executive Booker as CEO of bank -source
LONDON May 27 (Reuters) - Britain's The Co-operative Group is to appoint Niall Booker, a former senior banker at HSBC, as the new chief executive of its bank division, according to a source familiar with the situation.
Booker, who stepped down as the chief executive of HSBC's North America business in 2011, will replace Barry Tootell, who stepped down this month after Moody's downgraded its debt ratings and placed it under review for further downgrade.
The Co-operative Group declined immediate comment.
- Oregon resident hospitalized for possible Ebola virus infection
- Fired-up Republicans have edge in midterm turnout war
- Kurdish peshmerga forces enter Syria's Kobani after further air strikes |
- UK says will pay off part of World War One-era debt next year
- Test flight of Virgin Galactic spaceship ends in fatal crash in California |