REFILE-UK's Co-Op to name ex-HSBC executive Booker as CEO of bank -source
LONDON May 27 (Reuters) - Britain's The Co-operative Group is to appoint Niall Booker, a former senior banker at HSBC, as the new chief executive of its bank division, according to a source familiar with the situation.
Booker, who stepped down as the chief executive of HSBC's North America business in 2011, will replace Barry Tootell, who stepped down this month after Moody's downgraded its debt ratings and placed it under review for further downgrade.
The Co-operative Group declined immediate comment.
- Insight: How U.S. spying cost Boeing multibillion-dollar jet contract
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Yemeni al Qaeda says attack on hospital was mistake
- Insight: For Chinese farmers, a rare welcome in Russia's Far East