Nikkei sheds 1.2 pct to break below 14,000, sentiment still fragile
TOKYO, May 28 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei average dropped below 14,000 on Tuesday morning, as investor sentiment remained fragile after last week's turbulent trade raised doubt about the sustainability of the remarkable bull-run that has taken the index to a 5-1/2-year high. The Nikkei shed 1.2 percent to 13,960.08, breaking below 13,990, the 61.8 percent retracement of its slide from February 2007 to October 2008. The broader Topix index fell 0.8 percent to 1,145.46.
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Search widened as Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack |
- Exclusive: Chinese raw materials also found on U.S. B-1 bomber, F-16 jets
- Confrontation in Ukraine as diplomacy stalls |
- Governor Christie's trustworthiness takes a hit in New Jersey poll