Nikkei sheds 1.2 pct to break below 14,000, sentiment still fragile
TOKYO, May 28 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei average dropped below 14,000 on Tuesday morning, as investor sentiment remained fragile after last week's turbulent trade raised doubt about the sustainability of the remarkable bull-run that has taken the index to a 5-1/2-year high. The Nikkei shed 1.2 percent to 13,960.08, breaking below 13,990, the 61.8 percent retracement of its slide from February 2007 to October 2008. The broader Topix index fell 0.8 percent to 1,145.46.
- Thousands of Gaza civilians flee after Israeli warning |
- Russia threatens Ukraine after shell crosses border
- Three dead, two wounded in Pasadena, California shootings
- Teen survivor of Texas shootings says slain family members 'in much better place'
- REFILE-UPDATE 3-Thousands of Gaza civilians flee after Israeli warning