Pinnacle Entertainment deal for Ameristar faces U.S. challenge
WASHINGTON May 29 (Reuters) - The Federal Trade Commission said on Wednesday that it filed a complaint aimed at stopping casino operator Pinnacle Entertainment Inc from buying rival Ameristar Casinos Inc.
The proposed merger, which they valued at $2.8 billion, would lead to higher prices for customers in St. Louis, Missouri, and Lake Charles, Louisiana, the FTC said.
- U.S. immigration protesters drop U.S. border blockade plan
- UK's Cameron shifts tack on constitutional shake-up to mollify Scots
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Selling Mitch McConnell: What's love got to do with it?
- Islamic State closes in on Syrian town, refugees flood into Turkey |