Pinnacle Entertainment deal for Ameristar faces U.S. challenge
WASHINGTON May 29 (Reuters) - The Federal Trade Commission said on Wednesday that it filed a complaint aimed at stopping casino operator Pinnacle Entertainment Inc from buying rival Ameristar Casinos Inc.
The proposed merger, which they valued at $2.8 billion, would lead to higher prices for customers in St. Louis, Missouri, and Lake Charles, Louisiana, the FTC said.
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- Signer says suffered schizophrenic episode at Mandela memorial |
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Thai military chief rebuffs meeting request in blow to protesters |
- Google executives' planes saved millions in costs due to error - NASA