Avago 2nd-qtr beats Street on strong sales in industrial segment
May 29 (Reuters) - Chipmaker Avago Technologies Ltd's second-quarter results beat analysts' estimates as strong sales in the industrial business segment offset tepid demand for wireless chips from smartphone customers such as Apple Inc
The company's net income fell to $113 million, or 45 cents per share, in the second quarter from $134 million, or 54 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue fell 3 percent to $562 million.
Avago shares were up 4 percent at $35.85 in extended trading.
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane
- At least 15 die in Israeli shelling of Gaza school as toll exceeds 750 |
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- Minnesota man asked to leave Southwest flight after critical tweet