Indian Hotels posts Q4 net loss on Orient-Express provision
MUMBAI May 30 (Reuters) - Indian Hotels Co Ltd on Thursday posted a 3.4 billion rupee ($60.51 million) net loss for the January-March quarter, as it booked a provision of 4.2 billion rupees for its investment in U.S.-listed luxury hotel group Orient-Express Hotels Ltd.
Indian Hotels, part of the salt-to-software Tata group conglomerate, owns and operates Taj hotels and resorts worldwide and had reported net profit of 652.1 million rupees a year earlier.
Net sales were nearly flat at 5.6 billion rupees in the quarter.
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Putin rebuffs Obama as Ukraine crisis escalates |
- UPDATE 6-Obama warns on Crimea, orders sanctions over Russian moves in Ukraine