Joy Global quarterly profit falls 15 pct
May 30 (Reuters) - Mining equipment maker Joy Global Inc reported a lower quarterly profit as a fall in commodity prices forced miners to slash capital spending.
Earnings for the second quarter fell to $181.6 million, or $1.69 per share, from $213.6 million, or $2.00 per share, a year earlier.
Revenue fell 11 percent to $1.36 billion.
- U.S. immigration protesters drop U.S. border blockade plan
- UK's Cameron shifts tack on constitutional shake-up to mollify Scots
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Selling Mitch McConnell: What's love got to do with it?
- Islamic State closes in on Syrian town, refugees flood into Turkey |