Joy Global quarterly profit falls 15 pct
May 30 (Reuters) - Mining equipment maker Joy Global Inc reported a lower quarterly profit as a fall in commodity prices forced miners to slash capital spending.
Earnings for the second quarter fell to $181.6 million, or $1.69 per share, from $213.6 million, or $2.00 per share, a year earlier.
Revenue fell 11 percent to $1.36 billion.
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Search widened as Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack |
- Exclusive: Chinese raw materials also found on U.S. B-1 bomber, F-16 jets
- Confrontation in Ukraine as diplomacy stalls |
- Governor Christie's trustworthiness takes a hit in New Jersey poll