RPT-News Corp to delist from London Stock Exchange
May 30 (Reuters) - Rupert Murdoch's News Corp said it will cancel its listing on the London Stock Exchange (LSE) , citing low levels of trading volume.
The company said the volume of its stock traded on the LSE was less then 1 percent of the total globally. The effective date of the delisting will be June 28.
The New York-based company is separating its cable channels, movie studio and other entertainment assets from its newspapers, including The Wall Street Journal. The new publishing company, which will retain the News Corp name, officially kicks off on June 28.
The entertainment assets, including the Fox broadcasting network, will be known as 21st Century Fox.
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- Twitter backtracks on block feature after users revolt
- Insight: In Yemen, al Qaeda gains sympathy amid U.S. drone strikes
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message