AIG says did not receive deposit payment on ILFC sale
May 31 (Reuters) - Insurer American International Group on Friday said it had not received a scheduled deposit payment related to its sale of airplane leasing company ILFC to a Chinese consortium.
It was not immediately clear from AIG's regulatory filing what that meant for the fate of the deal, and AIG spokesmen were not immediately available to comment. AIG said last December it would sell most of ILFC to the consortium for up to $4.8 billion.
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote, nationalist leader resigns |
- Eight bodies found after attack on Guinea Ebola education team
- Special Report: Scotland stays in UK, but Britain faces change
- Alibaba shares surge 46 percent in their debut |