CBS acquires full ownership of TV Guide online and mobile units
May 31 (Reuters) - CBS Corp said on Friday it acquired full ownership of TV Guide's online and mobile apps divisions, buying out the 50 percent share held by Lions Gate Entertainment Corp.
CBS now owns TV Guide Digital, which includes the TVGuide.com website and TV Guide Mobile properties, the company said in a statement. CBS and Lions Gate share ownership of TV Guide's cable network, known as TVGN.
TV Guide.com attracts 16.5 million visitors each month, and its mobile apps have been downloaded more than 9 million times, CBS said. Both provide news and information about TV shows and movies in addition to TV listings.
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Reporter can keep sources secret in Colorado theater shooting: court
- Couple, four children missing in Nevada found safe in canyon
- Regulators seek to curb Wall St. trades with Volcker rule |