Hong Kong shares to open up 0.4 pct, Belle climbs
HONG KONG May 31 (Reuters) - Hong Kong shares were poised to start higher on Friday, with China-focused shoe retailer Belle International topping percentage risers among Hang Seng Index components with a 2.7 percent gain.
The Hang Seng Index was set to open up 0.4 percent at 22,582.6 points. The China Enterprises Index of the leading Chinese listings in Hong Kong was indicated to start flat.
- Crisis deepens as Ukraine says Russian troops back rebel advance |
- Ukraine leader says Russian forces are in the country as key town falls
- U.S. air strikes on Syria would face formidable obstacles
- Samsung unveils smartwatch that can make calls
- Islamic State executes dozens of Syrian army soldiers: monitor