Toyota says "good chance" of record Lexus sales this year
TOKYO May 31 (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp has a "good chance" of selling a record number of its luxury Lexus brand vehicles this year, Mark Templin, executive vice president of Lexus International, told Reuters on Friday.
The Japanese automaker sold a record 518,200 Lexus vehicles in 2007, but sales have slowed since the global financial crisis. Last year, Toyota sold 476,500 Lexus vehicles, almost 18 percent higher year-on-year.
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- U.S. freeze shows no sign of weekend melt after deadly storm
- North Korea frees U.S. Korean War veteran after seven weeks |
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge