Toyota says "good chance" of record Lexus sales this year
TOKYO May 31 (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp has a "good chance" of selling a record number of its luxury Lexus brand vehicles this year, Mark Templin, executive vice president of Lexus International, told Reuters on Friday.
The Japanese automaker sold a record 518,200 Lexus vehicles in 2007, but sales have slowed since the global financial crisis. Last year, Toyota sold 476,500 Lexus vehicles, almost 18 percent higher year-on-year.
- Seven NATO allies to create new rapid reaction force-report
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- U.S. authorities investigate suspected threat against Obama: reports
- Putin says Russia must strengthen its economic, military position in Arctic
- California passes 'yes-means-yes' campus sexual assault bill