ECB seen aiding small-business financing: Van Rompuy
ROME (Reuters) - The European Central Bank and the European Investment Bank will likely present a plan to improve financing to small- and medium-sized companies before the next European Union summit, European Council President Herman Van Rompuy said on Friday.
"I'm expecting a proposal before the June European Council meeting," Van Rompuy said in a press conference in Rome after meeting Italian Prime Minister Enrico Letta.
Van Rompuy was responding to a question about what the central bank could do to help growth in the euro zone.
(Reporting by Gavin Jones; writing by Steve Scherer)
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits mistake over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Thai military chief rebuffs meeting request in blow to protesters |