ECB seen aiding small-business financing: Van Rompuy
ROME (Reuters) - The European Central Bank and the European Investment Bank will likely present a plan to improve financing to small- and medium-sized companies before the next European Union summit, European Council President Herman Van Rompuy said on Friday.
"I'm expecting a proposal before the June European Council meeting," Van Rompuy said in a press conference in Rome after meeting Italian Prime Minister Enrico Letta.
Van Rompuy was responding to a question about what the central bank could do to help growth in the euro zone.
(Reporting by Gavin Jones; writing by Steve Scherer)
- Six killed, including four children, in Houston-area shooting
- Israel presses Gaza offensive, kills eight in air strike: officials |
- Exclusive: Iraq tells U.N. that 'terrorist groups' seized nuclear materials
- Anger mounts as Germany unearths second U.S. spy suspect
- Ukraine threatens to retake territory from defiant rebels