Fairfax to acquire American Safety Insurance for $306 million
TORONTO, June 3
TORONTO, June 3 (Reuters) - Fairfax Financial Holdings Ltd said on Monday it has agreed to acquire American Safety Insurance Holdings Ltd for roughly $306 million, in a move aimed at expanding its insurance operations in certain specialty lines.
Toronto-based Fairfax said American Safety stockholders will receive $29.25 per share in cash, a premium of 22 percent to the company's closing price on May 31.
The board of directors of American Safety has unanimously approved the deal, which is expected to close in the fourth quarter.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Analysis: Boeing bidders dangle goodies to win 777X jetliner