Miner shot dead at Lonmin mine in South Africa
JOHANNESBURG, June 3
JOHANNESBURG, June 3 (Reuters) - A worker was shot dead at a Lonmin mine in South Africa, the National Union of Mineworkers (NUM) said on Monday, in the latest unrest to hit the troubled platinum belt.
"One of our members was attacked with a gun in our office at Lonmin's Western Platinum mine," spokesman Lesiba Seshoka said, adding the worker later died.
- Target says data from 40 million cards stolen in holiday period
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Special Report: Why Ukraine spurned the EU and embraced Russia
- Facebook, Zuckerberg, banks must face IPO lawsuit: judge
- U.S. prosecutor defends treatment of Indian diplomat |