Two people shot at Lonmin mine in S.Africa, one dead -police
JOHANNESBURG, June 3
JOHANNESBURG, June 3 (Reuters) - Two people were shot at a Lonmin platinum mine in South Africa on Monday and one has died of the injuries, police said.
The latest violence in the troubled platinum belt has sent the company's shares plunging nearly 6 percent.
"Two people were shot," said Fabata Mokgwebone, police spokesman for the North-West province. One died on the scene and the other was taken to hospital.
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- Winning ticket sold in California for Mega Millions lottery: official |
- India removes barriers to U.S. embassy as anger grows over diplomat's arrest
- UPDATE 5-Mega Millions lottery winning tickets sold in California, Georgia -Officials
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea