Fairfax to acquire American Safety Insurance for $306 million
TORONTO (Reuters) - Fairfax Financial Holdings Ltd (FFH.TO) said on Monday it has agreed to acquire American Safety Insurance Holdings Ltd ASI.N for roughly $306 million, in a move aimed at expanding its insurance operations in certain specialty lines.
Toronto-based Fairfax said American Safety stockholders will receive $29.25 per share in cash, a premium of 22 percent to the company's closing price on May 31.
The board of directors of American Safety has unanimously approved the deal, which is expected to close in the fourth quarter.
(Reporting by Euan Rocha; Editing by Jeffrey Benkoe)
- Israel keeps up Gaza assault; diplomats seek ceasefire |
- Rebels likely downed Malaysian jet 'by mistake': U.S. officials
- With sales sputtering, Apple's iPad looks to IBM alliance
- Islamic State crushes and coerces on march towards Baghdad
- UPDATE 4-Train carrying MH17 bodies reaches government-held Ukrainian city