RPT-Coca-Cola to begin first local production in Myanmar in decades
June 4 (Reuters) - The Coca-Cola Co said on Tuesday it will begin production in Myanmar as part of a planned $200 million investment in the Asian country.
The new facility is the first to locally bottle Coca-Cola in more than six decades and follows the U.S. company's re-entry into Myanmar last year.
Following the lifting of U.S. sanctions against Myanmar, formerly known as Burma, Coca-Cola said it became one of the first U.S. companies to be granted an investment permit under Myanmar's new Foreign Investment Law.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- New York police officer critically wounded in hatchet attack |
- Doctor with Ebola in New York hospital after return from Guinea
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement
- Putin accuses United States of damaging world order