Bharti says submits final bid for Myanmar telecoms licence
NEW DELHI, June 4
NEW DELHI, June 4 (Reuters) - Indian telecommunications carrier Bharti Airtel Ltd has submitted its final bid for a telecoms licence in Myanmar, a company spokesman told Reuters on Tuesday.
Myanmar, one of the world's last major untapped mobile markets, has called bids for two mobile licences and short-listed 12 international consortia.
Vodafone and China Mobile, which were among the 12 to reach the short-list, last week pulled out of the race saying the conditions set by the country did not suit the two operators. (Reporting by Devidutta Tripathy; Editing by Sunil Nair)
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- India trims perks for U.S. staff in row over New York envoy arrest
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- Mega Millions lottery winning tickets sold in California, Georgia |
- UPDATE 5-Mega Millions lottery winning tickets sold in California, Georgia -Officials