Centerra, Kyrgyz gov in talks to form company for Kumtor mine
June 4 (Reuters) - Centerra Gold Inc said it is in talks with the Kyrgyzstan government to form a joint venture that would own its flagship Kumtor project.
The company and the government are considering a transaction under which the government would swap its 32.7 percent equity interest for an equivalent interest in a joint venture, Centerra said in a statement on Tuesday.
Centerra shares were slightly up at C$4.18 on the Toronto Stock Exchange. Trading was earlier halted.
- Police make third arrest in murder of Colorado socialite
- Investigators look for motive in Malaysia plane disappearance |
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Indian Ocean poses daunting challenge in search for missing Malaysia plane
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act