Indonesian billionaire buying majority stake in Telkom's pay-TV unit-sources
JAKARTA, June 5
JAKARTA, June 5 (Reuters) - CT Corp, one of Indonesia's emerging conglomerates and headed by Chairul Tanjung, has agreed to buy an 80 percent stake in Indonesia's second-biggest pay-TV operator, Telkomvision, teaming up with PT Telekomunikasi Indonesia, two sources with direct knowledge of the deal said on Wednesday.
Telkom, Indonesia's biggest telecom firm, said in a statement that it has agreed to sell a stake in Telkomvision, but did not elaborate on the details.
(Reporting by Janeman Latul; Editing by Jonathan Thatcher and Matt Driskill)
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plow |
- Pistorius starts five-year term for killing Reeva Steenkamp |
- Ebola crisis turns a corner as U.S. issues new treatment protocols
- Fashion designer Oscar de la Renta dead at 82 |
- U.S. Congress examining deal between NSA official, ex-agency chief