Indonesian billionaire buying majority stake in Telkom's pay-TV unit-sources
JAKARTA, June 5
JAKARTA, June 5 (Reuters) - CT Corp, one of Indonesia's emerging conglomerates and headed by Chairul Tanjung, has agreed to buy an 80 percent stake in Indonesia's second-biggest pay-TV operator, Telkomvision, teaming up with PT Telekomunikasi Indonesia, two sources with direct knowledge of the deal said on Wednesday.
Telkom, Indonesia's biggest telecom firm, said in a statement that it has agreed to sell a stake in Telkomvision, but did not elaborate on the details.
(Reporting by Janeman Latul; Editing by Jonathan Thatcher and Matt Driskill)
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Record cold, ice grip U.S.; more snow heads East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'