Hong Kong shares to open down 0.7 pct, Tingyi slides
HONG KONG, June 5
HONG KONG, June 5 (Reuters) - Hong Kong shares were poised to start lower on Wednesday, with Chinese food and beverage giant Tingyi Holdings, the top Hang Seng Index component, shedding 2 percent.
The Hang Seng Index was set to open down 0.7 percent at 22,141.7 points. The China Enterprises Index of the leading Chinese listings in Hong Kong was also indicated to start down 0.7 percent.
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Reporter can keep sources secret in Colorado theater shooting: court
- Thai PM urges protesters to take part in election |
- U.S. regulators seek to curb Wall St. trades with Volcker rule